What to Expect from the Event
The International Physical Literacy Conference New York City, hosted by the Sport for Life Society and New York Road Runners, will be the first conference to be held in this USA on May 25 – 27, 2021, with pre-conference workshops. It will host global leaders to share their best practices and research to advance the worldwide physical literacy movement.
Join us as we head to one of the most exciting cities in the world for a sinfulcerely good time. IPLC is heading to New York City where you’ll experience an incredible conference. We’ll be right in the middle of the action, with some of New York’ biggest attractions just a stone’s throw away and the Central Park waiting to welcome you. Immerse yourself in everything New York City has to offer. Learn from the best in the business through live-action sessions and workshops, connect and network with your industry peers and forge new and long-lasting relationships.
Who is New York Road Runners?
New York Road Runners, whose mission is to help and inspire people through running, serves 670,000 runners of all ages and abilities annually through races, community runs, walks, training, virtual products, and other running-related programming. Our free youth programs and events serve 125,000 kids in New York City’s five boroughs and 250,000 kids nationally. Take a look at their website!
Hands-on ExperiencesThroughout the year the visitors can take part of world unique art exhibitions, opera, theater just to mention a few of all events.
- Bildmuseet – University museum that is part of the arts campus at Umeå University showing Swedish & international contemporary art, with concerts & cultural events.
- Guitars – The Museum – A world-unique collection of electric guitars, electric basses, and other rock ’n’ roll stuff from the 1950s onward.
- IKSU – One of Europe’s largest (22 000 m²) indoor training facilities. IKSU is an open non-profit sports association.
- Population: 125 066
- Average age: 38
- Students: 32,000
- Annual hours of sunshine: 1,800
- Number of birch trees in the city centre: 3,000
- Extraordinary annual event: World Championships of Brännboll (like rounders)