Conference ThemeThe IPLC EUROPE 2019 theme “Powered by Physical Literacy” reflects the importance of bringing individuals from multiple sectors together to learn how to support the physical literacy journey of all. By developing physical literacy across the life course, individuals empower themselves to be better at work, physical activities and sport, have better mental health and happiness, and better engage with their community. It is important that each sector plays.
Education Powered by Physical Literacy
- Physical Literacy as a Learning Construct
- Physical Education: Evidence-driven Curriculum, Assessment and Pedagogy
- Developing Physical Literacy in schools
- The physical environment in schools
- Outdoor education
Research Powering Physical Literacy
- Pedagogical aspects
- Physiological aspects, motivation and confidence
Communities Powered by Physical Literacy
- Parents and Caregivers
- Early Childhood
- Older Adults
- Employment and Vocation
- Social innovations/social sustainability
Environments Powered by Physical Literacy
- Active Transportation and Environments-Planning
- Adventure /Outdoor Recreation Opportunities-Risky Play and Nature Literacy
- Facilitating active play (Structured and unstructured play environments)
- Working with stakeholders to facilitate designing/redesigning spaces that promote physical literacy and social connectedness
Inclusion Powered by Physical Literacy
- Gender Inclusion
- Cultural Inclusion
- New Migrants/Displaced PeoplesInclusion
- Disability Inclusion
Sports Powered by Physical Literacy
- Physical Literacy as a foundation to high-performance sport
- Changing systems for optimal sport development
- An organisational plan for athlete development
- Coaches plan for athlete development
- Quality sport –good places, good people and good programs
Presentation Format Descriptions
30 – Individual Presentation – This is a mini individual presentation with up to a maximum of two presenters. A mini individual presentation will last 30 minutes with question and answers included.
60 – Individual Presentation – This is an individual presentation with up to a maximum of two presenters. An individual presentation will last 60 minutes with question and answers included.
60 – Panel Sessions – Panel presentations are a group presentation with a moderator and up to 3 additional presenters. Panel presentations will be between 60 minutes in length with question and answers included.90 – Panel Sessions – Panel presentations are a group presentation with a moderator and up to 3 additional presenters. Panel presentations will be between 90 minutes in length with question and answers included.
Poster Submission – Posters must be printed in A0 and poster presenters are expected to be at their poster during the meal breaks and the social reception to explain their poster and answer any questions.
- Please include contact info and bio for each of the presenter(s).
- Please note we will provide a projector, screen, sound system, and a microphone. All other items must be supplied by the presenter.
- For all active sessions, presenters are required to bring their own equipment.
May 31, 2019 – Abstract and poster submissions close
Confirmations of accepted presentations are issued via email within six weeks of the submission closing date. If you have not received a confirmation email from us by this time, please email@example.com*If you are based in Sweden or any “neighbouring Nordic country” and require help with your submission, or if you would like to submit your abstract in Swedish, please contact Tom Englén: firstname.lastname@example.org.