What to Expect from the Event
The International Physical Literacy Conference Europe, hosted by the Sport for Life Society and Change the Game, will be the first conference to be held in this region on September 12 – 14, 2019. It will host global leaders to share their best practices and research to advance the worldwide physical literacy movement.
Every individual embarks on a physical literacy journey. By developing physical literacy across the lifespan, individuals empower themselves to be better at work, better at physical activities, have better mental health and happiness, and to better engage with their community. It is important to every sector, and each sector has a role to play in ensuring everyone has the opportunity to develop physical literacy.
Who is Change the Game?
The aim of Change the Game is to increase physical literacy* amongst children and young people. We believe being physically active is just as important as being able to read, write and count. We also believe in the principle that children and young people should be able to try different activities and develop at their own pace and on their own terms. Our goal is to get as many as possible to feel motivated and have the opportunity to be active. As many as possible for as long as possible!
Hands-on ExperiencesThroughout the year the visitors can take part of world unique art exhibitions, opera, theater just to mention a few of all events.
- Bildmuseet – University museum that is part of the arts campus at Umeå University showing Swedish & international contemporary art, with concerts & cultural events.
- Guitars – The Museum – A world-unique collection of electric guitars, electric basses, and other rock ’n’ roll stuff from the 1950s onward.
- IKSU – One of Europe’s largest (22 000 m²) indoor training facilities. IKSU is an open non-profit sports association.
- Population: 125 066
- Average age: 38
- Students: 32,000
- Annual hours of sunshine: 1,800
- Number of birch trees in the city centre: 3,000
- Extraordinary annual event: World Championships of Brännboll (like rounders)